Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
goldberry
Forum MemberPosts: 70
Like?
ZS19 - My thoughts after 3 weeks
Jan 16, 2013

Wanted to get a camera with some reach to replace my aging Canon SX100 which was no longer focusing properly. I also wanted a camera that would EASILY fit in a shirt or pants pocket. I have a Canon s95 but while a great camera where zoom isn't important I just didn't find it could do what I wanted when traveling or taking candid shots of my Grand kids when they were not aware of being taken.

First about me. I am just your typical point and shoot guy without any extensive photography knowledge and don't want to have to start trying to decide what setting to use. Usually don't have the time so want to set the camera for the occasion and snap away. I take lots of shots figuring some will be better than others and deleting anything useless.

I have posted a bunch of representative photos  under Disney-Days in my gallery taken while visiting Disney World with my family. I haven't included family shots they want there privacy. Except for a couple no PP was used.

Gallery

So overall I am quite happy with this camera which cost me $230.00 (actually the cheapest camera I have ever bought). For the most part I am happy with the shots obtained. I would have preferred more sharpness especially on faces of my family but I realize to get optimum results I need a larger and more expensive camera so accept the trade off.

I found on bright cloudless or partly cloudy days I got excellent (to me anyway) results. Camera set at ISO 100 and 3.3 produced nice shots. When cloudy or towards the end of the day when I had to use iA the results were not as good especially when I used zoom.

Night shots are a work in progress especially when walking around and little time to set up. Tried various settings none of which I was really happy with. Using a tripod and having time to set things up would obviously provide better results but not possible when walking around with your family.

Any suggestions are welcome on how I can improve.

Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow