Dwayne Oakes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,236
Like?
Re: Want to trade P7700 cameras for D7000s
In reply to toomanycanons, Jan 16, 2013

toomanycanons wrote:

toomanycanons wrote:

Dwayne Oakes wrote:

Thank you very much for the comments everyone ! I really appreciate it ! Yea the reason for the trade was I wanted to change my approach to photography.I shot RAW for many years doing lots a post editing work and wanted a change to more of a point and shoot (traditional) look to my work with minimal editing, which keeps your skills sharp in the field.

The Nikon Coolpix P7700 has a better jpeg engine and photos from it will look better right out of the camera than DSLR. To get around the smaller sensor noise issue I just keep my coolpix locked in at 80 ISO and use a tripod. I also use the in-camera noise filter, so no problem there.A full view optical view finder was nice on D7000 but pressing the DISP on the coolpix clears all the user info on the LCD and find no problem with comps in the field, it has a great tilt screen.

Here are some more photos from this camera small on size but big on performance, hence the P in its model #.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

'When I slow my walk, open my eyes and listen,
nature reveals her hidden beauty to me.' Dwayne Oakes
http://dwayne-oakes.artistwebsites.com/

Nice work there, Dwayne. And all of them could have been taken with your now-gone D7000 shooting jpegs. Everyone has his reasons for doing what they do but I don't follow any of your reasoning why you "traded your D7000 for a P7700" but whatever works for you. I couldn't imagine just getting rid of my DSLRs for the sole purpose of shooting jpegs with my P7100. I shoot jpegs with my DSLRs. And I look forward to doing post processing on every worthy pic, not thinking it's a chore at all. Funny how most raw shooters always talk about how it's just as fast to process their raws as it is to just shoot jpegs in the first place but that's not how you found the process to be.

Thanks ! Amen to that brother. Yea differently an unorthodox trade to say the least lol.

No regrets over here and I am very confidant what this little coolpix can do and it will do anything I ask of it. I am looking forward to making my 2013/14 portfolio with it. I will post any new work from this camera on this coolpix forum so stay tuned !

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

-- hide signature --

'When I slow my walk, open my eyes and listen,
nature reveals her hidden beauty to me.' Dwayne Oakes
http://dwayne-oakes.artistwebsites.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow