Rules on cell phone challenges - input requested

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431Gear list
Like?
Re: Rules on cell phone challenges - input requested
In reply to Deleted pending purge, Jan 16, 2013

OldArrow wrote:

Good idea, but bear in mind that some cameraphones have their internal PP apps or routines, while the other don't. So, unless the aim of this challenge is to show which phone cameras are better, the PP wouldn't hurt. Finally, it's about the end result, which is the picture...

-- hide signature --

Fil

Well, better phone cameras will have ​that ​ edge when it comes to the final product but we all know an average camera in superior hands will create a better piece of art than a superior camera in average hands.

So, hopefully, it turns out being a skill contest, not the best camera phone contest.

On a different comment, the other site where I participate has an Instagram challenge going on all the time. There, they don't care where the photo came from as long as it was uploaded via Instagram. In Barb's challenge, I wonder how many people will just edit, crop, and change the EXIF data to ​say​ it's from a cellphone.

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow