Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jaims
Senior MemberPosts: 2,071Gear list
Like?
Re: #1 reason, "it keeps people away from these forums". I think that's enough said. +1
In reply to Marcus Antonius, Jan 16, 2013

Marcus Antonius wrote:

I can't think of any reason why non 1d users would vote against having a seperate forum for these camera's, aside from envy. And the suggestion that it "could" be alot of work to seperate these forums is something i can put down instantly. (I work for a company that builds websites similar to this one daily, and adding another forum is not timeconsuming at all.)

The reason why i would vote in favor of a seperare 1d forum as a non 1d user (mind you!) is that if it could bring back quality to these forums i would vote for such an idea every day!

Marcus

-- hide signature --

Making a moment last forever

IMHO, and to bring my own 0.02 on, I have to say that I seem to have detected a 'worsening' in the quality of the contents in the forum.

As it is my subjective opinion, I grant that it might not be necessarily true. But it is indeed something that I believe has happened.

Besides, I'm not implying that the 'worse' contents of today compared to the past (some few years ago) is a consecuence of not having separate threads for 5D/6D and 1D. But I think that there are nowadays too much threads along the lines of 'should I upgrade to?' or 'which lens for my XX cam?' or 'the Nikons have more DR lets complain against Canon'...

These are legit questions, I am not questioning that; but it is pretty rare today to find in the forum good photography content provided by people that are good at it. And yes, I know that this is a gear forum

I sincerely hope that no one here feels offended or whatever, that's furthest from my mind.

For starteres, I for one can't provide 'quality content' so to speak to the forum. And I really think that every thread is legit and has a right to belong to the forum.

But as an inexpert and amateur and hobbyist photographer, which several Canon cams and lenses, I miss some past times when I would find a lot to learn here. Would a separate 1D thread (pros) provide more 'quality content'? I don't know, maybe yes... or maybe not

Regards

Jaims's gear list:Jaims's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
whyNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow