Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Jaims Senior Member • Posts: 2,075
Re: #1 reason, "it keeps people away from these forums". I think that's enough said. +1

Marcus Antonius wrote:

I can't think of any reason why non 1d users would vote against having a seperate forum for these camera's, aside from envy. And the suggestion that it "could" be alot of work to seperate these forums is something i can put down instantly. (I work for a company that builds websites similar to this one daily, and adding another forum is not timeconsuming at all.)

The reason why i would vote in favor of a seperare 1d forum as a non 1d user (mind you!) is that if it could bring back quality to these forums i would vote for such an idea every day!

Marcus

-- hide signature --

Making a moment last forever

IMHO, and to bring my own 0.02 on, I have to say that I seem to have detected a 'worsening' in the quality of the contents in the forum.

As it is my subjective opinion, I grant that it might not be necessarily true. But it is indeed something that I believe has happened.

Besides, I'm not implying that the 'worse' contents of today compared to the past (some few years ago) is a consecuence of not having separate threads for 5D/6D and 1D. But I think that there are nowadays too much threads along the lines of 'should I upgrade to?' or 'which lens for my XX cam?' or 'the Nikons have more DR lets complain against Canon'...

These are legit questions, I am not questioning that; but it is pretty rare today to find in the forum good photography content provided by people that are good at it. And yes, I know that this is a gear forum

I sincerely hope that no one here feels offended or whatever, that's furthest from my mind.

For starteres, I for one can't provide 'quality content' so to speak to the forum. And I really think that every thread is legit and has a right to belong to the forum.

But as an inexpert and amateur and hobbyist photographer, which several Canon cams and lenses, I miss some past times when I would find a lot to learn here. Would a separate 1D thread (pros) provide more 'quality content'? I don't know, maybe yes... or maybe not

Regards

Jaims's gear list:Jaims's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow