Is it just my findings...or is the color of the new nikon sensors that different....

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
minim3
Contributing MemberPosts: 942
Like?
Is it just my findings...or is the color of the new nikon sensors that different....
Jan 16, 2013

Im a very happy nikon user, for around 10 years, since the D100 (i only lived photogrphy at its digital era).

I was really really happy with my D700 (which i still remaine) and i added a D600, as a D800/D4  was not exatly what i was looking for (the D4 was it, but out of budget)...

I worked at a camara store, and i tested each mashine whenever i wanted.

Its funny because the only statments regarding color i find is the green color shift on screen ,which some says its even seen on the final picture...i have not seen this green color shift, except on screen with a picture on very poor nightlight, which im not even sure if its shifted or really that green due the artificial lighting conditions at the scene...

What i Do find very anoying, specially using the D600/D800/D4 (i have collegues who works whith them) in a studio is a very strong redish/orange shift which is not adjustable due WB, i only shoot RAW,and i always have to desaturate reds in color and luminosity to have them kind of similar to what i see...

Any thoughts am i the only one?

Everthing else im quit pleased with, but this color issue really makes me sad and gives my a lot of post process work....

-- hide signature --
Nikon D100 Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow