What System Meets My Many Needs?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
hval
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon SX50 HS super-zoom?
In reply to MarkInSF, Jan 16, 2013

Morning MarkInSF,

Hopefully my comments to other peoples questions have helped you get to know about me, my photography and my desires a little bit more.

As you say, I am a casual photographer (who has had photos comemrcialy published) and who takes possibly 10,000/ 15,000 photographs a year with a camera (as opposed to a camera phone).  I have been taking photographs for over forty years, and not point and shoot photography.  As you have hopefully picked up on now I am not after a camera that takes photos for me.  I want a camera with Aperture priority, Shutter priority and manual. I shoot in RAW. Any effects I make I make in processing using Aperture and Photoshop.

You are right in that practically any camera would meet some of my needs but not all.  You are also right that I could go for a point of shoot.  Unfortunately I am not aware of any point and shoot camera, nor superzooms that would meet my needs as well as a DSLR.

Have had a look at the Canon SX50.  interesting.  I think the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 would be a better choice.  I still don't think that a superzoom would do though.

Thank you for your comments though.

hval's gear list:hval's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow