Metabones "Speed Booster" (way) off topic

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Earthrise
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Like?
Re: Metabones "Speed Booster" (way) off topic
In reply to Earthrise, Jan 16, 2013

For info, just read second hand that Metabones have confirmed that a booster to adapt M lenses is not possible as there is not enough room for the optics given the smaller flange distance of M. Would make a boosted M module for the GXR more unique though. I can't imagine Metabones bringing out a booster to map SLR lenses to the M mount either as it only makes sense for smaller than full frame sensors, of which I can only think of M module as currently available.

So I wonder how well a boosted M module would work with SLR lenses with the common adapters for them? Turn the GXR into the full frame equivalent mirrorless camera for all at the price of APS-C electronics.

The improved noise characteristics of the sensor in the A16 module plus the f stop improvement of the booster would make this module a low light monster. Assuming its phyically possible at all!  There's not a lot of room between the sensor and the shutter.

Earthrise's gear list:Earthrise's gear list
Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow