Underwhelmed with the 60D - is it me, or did I get a dud?

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
salsaguy
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
Re: Underwhelmed with the 60D - is it me, or did I get a dud?
In reply to crazybadger, Jan 16, 2013

You CAN change AF focus points on the 60D with only 1-button using the D-pad if you change the custom setting to do that:

Custom Function Menu

C.FnIII: Autofocus/Drive

Scroll over with right arrow to #2 for "AF Selection method"

hit OK and then change the # shown in the middle of the screen to 1 intsead of 2 which I think is the default

This will then make then Back button AF button on the top right of the grip perform in Auto mode (All 9 points active and camera decides what to focus on) and the d-pad as your desired quick 1-button push manual mode to override the 2 button presses method (you decide what to focus on)

All you need to do is press halfway on the shutter button to focus on anythng (or wake the camera up), as you would normally do to compose a shot, and then use the d-pad to choose any of the 9 the AF points using any of the 9 directions on the pads, with the SET button being the center AF point.

Note: you will only see the AF points selected/lit up in red LED lights in the viewfinder and NOT on the LCD screen, as is the case if using the Q-button menu to select the AF point, which I agree is a time waster and tedious.

Hope this is helpfull is enjoying your 60D more

-- hide signature --

salsaguy uses a 60D

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow