Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marco Cinnirella
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,536Gear list
Like?
Re: Vision impairments
In reply to brianf, Jan 16, 2013

brianf wrote:

sea_dragon wrote:

I'm thinking that the color issue may be fixable via a firmware tweak. But the optical distortion due to the magnifier is definitely hardware.

I hope so, but several people in this thread claim that the colour in their EVF's is fine so would a software tweak not make theirs worse?

The distortion or smearing others are seeing are not a feature in mine but I am used to using the GH2 for a couple of years and the GH3 is a little better, the GH2 EVF appeared distorted and smeary to me after using a Nikon D300 for a while but I grew into the GH2 EVF.

Cheers.

Brian.

Brian, this delay in receiving further stock - which is affecting Europe and US/North America, is what has led some to speculate that it is because Panasonic have changed the supplier of the EVF panel and/or the viewfinder assembly. I believe this was first reported on the 4/3 rumors web site but no source was revealed. It might be the reason for the delay but I guess that since Panasonic are denying any defects in first batch GH3s, we will never know, there will be no recall, etc., etc.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony RX100 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow