Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,153Gear list
Like?
Re: Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?
In reply to cpharm86, Jan 16, 2013

cpharm86 wrote:

plevyadophy wrote:

Will T wrote:

Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

I have ever since the 5D was added!

-- hide signature --

Will T. 'Make everything as possible as it is simple, but not impossible.'

Yes, DEFINITELY!!!

I think it's VERY misguided to have all 35mm cams lumped together simply because they have the same sensor size.

They have different model numbers, often different interfaces and features and are marketed to different audiences. The user groups for each camera type and therefore the issues they are likely to encounter are often very different.

A new Canon 6D is a different beast to that of the Canon 1DX.

And I for one get seriously p!ssed off with having to wade through a zillion posts related to equipment I have no interest in before getting to what I want to read about. And this issue isn't unique to the Canon forum; if you look at the forums for other brands on DPReview, you'll find similar issues there too. And the funny thing is, for Nikon users DPReview provided separate forums for DX cameras and DX Pro cameras, so I don't quite understand why they haven't done a similar thing for Canon's full frame cameras.

So yeah, it's about time for a change.

RE: "so I don't quite understand why they haven't done a similar thing for Canon's full frame cameras."

Should it be divided then by full frame and cropped or 1D's Pro and 5D/6D?

The time for FF in DSLR market going mainstream is already here.

I think that allowing separate forum for top professional camera models makes sense as this segment attracts somewhat different audience.

Best wishes

Richard

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
whyNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow