science project- need equipment to take shots of subject from the exact same angles every week

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stm08007
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
science project- need equipment to take shots of subject from the exact same angles every week
Jan 16, 2013

so basically im doing a science project where im using a single camera to take pictures of a small (1 inch) subject from 2 different angles. these will be combined to form a 3-D composite image. the test subject will change over time and it will be stored in a separate container. 
if this doesnt make sense, imagine you put a small plate on a table. the plate would stay in the same spot, but the camera will need to take pictures from 2 different positions. the problem is i need to replicate the exact positioning of the equipment and subject for this procedure every week. this is very scientific, so "eye-balling" it wont be good enough. i know nothing about cameras but i imagine this isnt the first time someone has had to do something like this, so id appreciate any bits of advice

it will be a small-ish digital camera so weight wont be a huge issue.  im not sure if the best bet is to get some sort of oscillating type thing going and just take pictures from both extremes. or getting a mount with multiple holders and then like marking where its supposed to go each time (where the downfall is that the pictures would need to be taken from the same room every time; ie this wouldnt be portable).  im on a bit of a budget, and it would actually be a plus if this was something that can be built by me

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow