The Orange and Green NEW indiactors ???

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Simon Joinson
dpreview AdminPosts: 4,434Gear list
Like?
Re: The Orange and Green NEW indiactors ???
In reply to Vernon D Rainwater, Jan 16, 2013

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

I posted my inquiry (using feedback) a few days ago but have not received any type of reply which may be logical considering the other more pressing Dpreview priorities.

I would like to know the conditions where either Green NEW or Orange NEW is displayed beside various posts. Originally, when only one NEW this indicated that (the viewer, me) has not read this specific post. Then when read, the NEW no longer appeared.

Presently, some are Green and some are Orange and others which I have not read will not have any type of NEW indication.

In fact, any that have either color NEW does not seem to disappear even after reading the post.

Will someone (that knows the details) please explain.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

They're the same as they've always been: red is new since your last visit, green is new since your last session started (i.e since you arrived) - unless the last post is over 12 hours ago (from memory) in which case it's not new by any definition.

We dropped these labels in the redesign, then brought them back because a lot of people asked (they are kind of redundant IMO).

The white dots to the left of the subject tell you whether you've read some - or all - of the posts in a thread.

Note that you didn't get a reply because we were all at CES (and before that on our xmas break when we basically close shop for 2 weeks).

Simon

-- hide signature --

Simon Joinson, Editor-in-chief
dpreview.com
connect.dpreview.com

Simon Joinson's gear list:Simon Joinson's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow