LX7 Setup Guide and Tips and Tricks Video

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,736Gear list
Like?
Re: LX7 Setup Guide and Tips and Tricks Video
In reply to Lobalobo, Jan 16, 2013

In program priority the camera will keep generally keep the lens wide open. Aperture Priority will always keep the lens wide open if it is set that way.

However, with Aperture priority and Auto ISO the camera can elect to stop raising the ISO and start slowing down the shutter speed. In my opinion I would rather use Program Priority with the min shutter speed option because it will generally use a faster shutter speed than the aperture priority mode even when the camera is set to shoot wide open.

The ideal mode for controlling shutter speed is of course shutter speed priority mode. However, that mode requires you to always select a specific shutter speed. I really would like an fully automated mode for shutter speed.

What I really want is a mode that allows me to specify a range for shutter speed when using auto ISO. I would set it to use between 1/80th and 1/4000th(or its max whichever is faster) and I would want it to only stop down the lens to the optimal shutter speed for sharpness if the shutter speed was at 1/320th of a second or faster.

The LX7 Program priority mode with the Auto ND filter is the closest I have come to that ideal mode.

Lobalobo wrote:

mpgxsvcd wrote:

I never use Aperture priority mode with lenses or cameras that are really good wide open. I simply value getting a faster shutter speed over the slight gain in sharpness.

Again, thanks, but the above quote from your post confuses me. If the goal is fastest possible shutter speed then for any ISO it's impossible to do better than Aperture priority set to lens wide open. What am I missing?

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow