Underwhelmed with the 60D - is it me, or did I get a dud?

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Schnapper
Contributing MemberPosts: 910
Like?
Re: UPDATE
In reply to lidobb, Jan 16, 2013

lidobb wrote:

Thanks Keith. I don't think it was the settings, really the only settings I played with were ISO, White Balance and the focusing controls. I also switched it from single to continuous exposure and back.

I could live with the ergos, but in the end, I couldn't make the camera perform, defective or not. May give it another shot, but first I think I'm going to return this one and try getting a D7000 body, since I have a pretty good set of Nikon lenses. My thinking was that if I could get a camera kit with lens that did what I wanted to do without investing in new glass immediately, it might be worth the switch to Canon.

Maybe I'll just go to B&H to get a feel for a few of these options in person.

Where you say "I also switched it from single to continuous exposure and back." makes me think the problem is with you rather than the camera.  You should have gone through several drive modes, including both hi and low speed as well as remote and timer selections doing that, but you just kind of skim over the details of what is going on, similar to how you "read the manual" but still didn't pick up on how to easily select an AF point.  It seems to me that your lack of attention to the details is the cause you some of your issues.  If you are not willing to put in some effort to learn how to use a new and somewhat complicated tool/toy, then you are probably better off sticking with the complicated tool/toy that you are already familiar with.  Both Nikon and canon make good cameras that do a great job in capable hands, but if the hands don't know what to do then neither Nikon nor Canon cameras will live up to their capabilities.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow