X100S...worth the premium over a used X100?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
bblam88
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Re: X100S...worth the premium over a used X100?
In reply to misterpepper, Jan 16, 2013

Find a good deal on a used or open box X100. You should be ok with no warranty even with the SAB issue. If you do a search on the internet you will find many posts/users who have had the issue resolved/repaired with no proof of purchase or warranty. Even used X100 bought of ebay have had the issue repaired. This seems to be the only major know problem anyway. Or you can just look for a used one with a serial number that starts with 21 or higher. The X-series weren't designed for action photography so you should be fine with the AF and hopefully Fujifilm will continue to support the older model by updating the firmware to improve it's AF.

2= second year of production

1=quarter ( 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter) January - March

It seems that these ones have a modified aperture blade assembly and are not prone to issues.

I have already put aside $500 to buy a nice example once the price hits that mark. It would be an amazing p&s camera for the money. I paid that much for a Canon G11 when it was released.

Just my 2cents.

bblam88's gear list:bblam88's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow