Started Jan 16, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mfouks
Regular MemberPosts: 313Gear list
Like?
Renting/buying a D7 and 100-400 lens for Costa Rica
Jan 16, 2013

Hi all, I have a D800 and own a 70-200 2.8 lens with the latest teleconverter.  I am going to Costa Rica for a week and want to take pictures of the wildlife and birds.  I do not want to rent a huge lens like the 300 f2.8 or the 200-400 although I know they are stellar lenses.  So I thought I would buy the 300 F4.0 lens which is lighter but the guys at the camera store didn't think this was a much better option that what I already had.

They both mentioned that it was too bad than Nikon didn't have an equivalent 100-400 lens that Canon has that is a high quality and not heavy.   So I just had a thought and wonder what you guys would think of me renting or buying a Canon D70 and a 100-400 lens for my nature photography trips. Is this a really silly idea or does it make sense?

I don't know much about the lens or the 7D but would you guys recommend this option or perhaps another Canon camera or lens?

Thanks for your help.

Marsha

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D70 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow