Jim Beverlin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,195
Like?
Re: Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Backpack
In reply to brandrx, Jan 16, 2013

brandrx wrote:

brandrx wrote:

Hi folks,

So, I decided to try this Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Backpack for when I go to the lake. Forum member Dane Dawg says it will carry a Sigma 500mm f4.5 with K-5 attached, and a Pentax DA*300/4 with a K-5 attached, plus other lenses and goodies. Since I won't have to carry it for more than a half mile or so I think I can handle it. I can carry my tripod with Wimberly Gimbal over my shoulder.

It might be able to carry my Pentax FA*250-600mm f5.6 without a K-5 attached in place of the Sigma 500mm f4.5 lens with a K-5 attached. That will be cool as I will then have a choice of which lens to take with me. This is looking good to me.

My order shipped today. I will update on it's use after I receive it.

Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW Backpack

I received my order today. Here is an image of how I might pack it for a short walk. Left to right, FA*400/5.6 with camera attached (a small tripod beneath the 400mm), Sigma 500mm f4.5 with camera attached, Sigma 180mm f3.5 Macro with K-01 attached (DA15, and DA21 beneath the 180mm), DA40 and DA70 below the Sigma 180mm. I will also be able to throw in a couple of spare batteries. I tried it on and it seems to me that I can carry this backpack for at least a mile or two with no problems. I will carry my main tripod over my shoulder. I will normally be using the FA*400/5.6 handheld for BIFs and the Sigma 500/4.5 on my tripod. Note: I can fit my FA*250-600mm f5.6 in place of the Sigma 500/4.5 if I want to but will probaly have to manipulate the other stuff a bit. Now, I just have to wait for some good weather.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Wow!  From someone who has had a 7 yr old back injury flare up recently I might be able to handle the 4 primes in the bag but not the other equipment.  And, just 18 short months ago I was hiking around in the Cascades in WA lugging around a 1stD, LX and PZ-1P along with lenses in a very similar Kata bag.

-- hide signature --

JRB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow