Anything seriously bad to say about the LX-7?

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
solsang
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131Gear list
Like?
Re: Anything seriously bad to say about the LX-7?
In reply to PiterM, Jan 15, 2013

PiterM wrote:

solsang wrote:

On my former xz-1 i was continously missing features from lx5, the options were more restricted and settings too complicated, for that alone i would avoid the zx-2, especially now that lx7 has funny and interesting effect filters too

How would you rate LX7 compared to XZ-1? what's the biggest improvement? IQ? Or you did it just for 24mm f:1.4 lens? I'm now using XZ-1 as my walkaround compact camera and I consider upgrading it to LX7 just for 24mm lens. Do you consider it really worth upgrading?

Much easier to control and adjust settings on the lx series, a bit less noise/smudge on lx7 and a stop better antishake! The 24mm is a huge improvement, using 28mm gives constraints both indoor and when trying to get a house or scene, especially a wide place where the aspect switch comes in as a true photographic tool. The art filters of xz-1 could give amazing results and were fun to play with though, and they became the prime reason i saw for using it, now the lx7 has a bit similar filters.

The price has been fluctuating wildly since black friday, where the price became $299 and then went up and down to $299 again after christmas, even at $399 i would go for the upgrade

solsang's gear list:solsang's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X20 Sigma SD15 Sigma 18-125mm F3.8-5.6 DC OS HSM Apple Aperture +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow