Twin brothers euthanised - should this be legal?

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
newmikey
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,900Gear list
Like?
Totally agree - they were not "just 2 brothers"
In reply to FeedMe, Jan 15, 2013

FeedMe wrote:

BUT - I still support anyone's choice of staying alive OR ending their life. BOTH are valid choices.

"No, leave the life-support running" is just as valid as "No, turn the life-support off.. he wouldn't want this existence"

""But my brothers trudged from one disease to another. They were really worn out."

His brothers were both going blind with glaucoma and Eddy had a deformed spine and had recently undergone heart surgery, The Telegraph reported.
"The great fear that they would no longer be able to see, or hear, each other and the family was, for my brothers, unbearable," he said."

I'm ashamed to be of the same race (human) as the scum who would force them to remain alive, against their right of choice..

So true. They were deaf since birth and inseparable. Apart from having been in and out of hospitals so it seems, they were now going to lose the connection between them due to blindness.

Would it have been different were they to have grown up into independent persons? maybe. But I agree the choice was theirs and luckily they were born in a country that respects that choice.

Euthanasia is not performed at a whim, there are many checks and balances around it. These guys seem to have ticked all the boxes.

Foreigners should stop insinuating that the fact euthanasia is legal in a country equals to people being killed at will left, right and center. They would rather have desperate people throw themselves in front of a train.

-- hide signature --
 newmikey's gear list:newmikey's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
ByeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow