Live View... how does it work for you?

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Questions thread
Paul C
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
LiveView
In reply to David Lal, Jan 15, 2013

One of the boxes I wanted ticked on my recent camera purchase (D5100) was live preview. Although I've used cameras for years, it had always been with non-DSLR cameras so they always had the screen and an electronic viewfinder. I thought I'd miss the screen, and use it more than I actually do now. I find using the optical viewfinder very natural and 99% of the time keep the screen of the D5100 flat on the back of the camera. It only took a day or so to adapt. The only time I've used it is for the occasional shot where I want the camera higher, so I've flipped and tilted down the screen and used live preview to frame the shot.

What drove home this adaption is that today, I used my older camera (due to the memory chip in the Nikon being a bit flaky, so a new one was on order) for a day out. It has a screen and electronic viewfinder. I didn't like the viewfinder at all, and the screen felt very odd to frame with.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow