A California Road Trip

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
heulwen
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
Re: A California Road Trip
In reply to capturef22, Jan 15, 2013

capturef22 wrote:

You're right, that's a lot of pictures--almost a little overwhelming--but what a fantastic collection. It seems you have a good eye for composition and technical skills. I really like that you chose to use both color and black & white; I think your selections worked well for each of the images you shared. Wonderful set of pictures--thanks for making me just a tad jealous...:-) .

Thanks for posting.

Thank you so much for your elaborate comment! I find that I'm somewhat of a composition-freak, always have been. It's a joy to find the right proportions while looking through the viewfinder, getting rid of that line there, making the distance between those two rocks as perfect as possible etc. Although sometimes you just have to make do without "perfect", :). My weak point is PP, as I don't like to spend too much time on the computer... But I guess knowing the basics is enough. I'll probably re-work some of these as I have just gotten myself LR4 and I'm already in love with the easy lens corrections tools available.

heulwen's gear list:heulwen's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow