SX50 Mini-Reviews Christmas Special - Did you find your new camera under the tree?

Started Dec 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,565Gear list
Like?
Re: Hey! New pictures from my SX50
In reply to sharksanks, Jan 15, 2013

sharksanks wrote:

Hey, Appreciate any feedback!

Sharksanks

I'm a big fan of monochrome and toned monochrome images. It makes one think a lot more about the message of the image without being distracted by ornate colors. I like the first one with the composition accented by the placement of the flying birds. The boat that has fallen on hard times is more distressed by being further lost in a light fog. The fourth image caught my eye for both its starkness and detail brought out by the lighting and ochre tone that accentuates it. The middle flamingos image by the shore, what would usually be a bright and colorful presentation, instead becomes a study on movement and reflection.

Thanks for posting these. Please tell us something about the process you used. Was it all in camera or through post?

Vision

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow