Anyone use the Oly 50-200 f/2.8-3.5 on OM-D (or other m4/3)?

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Questions thread
RSColo
Contributing MemberPosts: 613Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone use the Oly 50-200 f/2.8-3.5 on OM-D (or other m4/3)?
In reply to zerlings, Jan 15, 2013

I use the 50-200 on my GH1. THe GH1 does not allow AF on non-MFT lenses. So I don't have the AF issues. I have a GH3 on order and will no doubt be unhappy with AF then. But I am a landscape photographer. I came from a 4x5 world. So i tend to take a long time setting up my shots. Even with my MFT lenses they are almost always manual focused. So i am basically not answering your AF questions.

However, the optics are wonderful !!! I use this lens a lot. I take many shots and put them togetner into large panoramas. This lens compares very favorably with my other lenses: Pan 7-14mm, PanLeica 25mm, Leica M-mount 40mm, Leica M-mount 90mm. And this lens lets me get the highest resolution in a pan image because it is a longer lens. Of course it takes a lot more clicks to get the full image and a LOT mor time in the PC darkroom.

Below is one of my pans taken with the 50-200 117mm. The second image is a full sized piece of the pan from near the far left edge.

This a a great landscape lens, but mayby not for subjects that move.

-- hide signature --

Reid Shay
www.sawatchpub.com

RSColo's gear list:RSColo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow