Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,122Gear list
Like?
Better photo viewing with new tools on dpreview
Jan 15, 2013

Have you been using the new tools for viewing images here? As you know, when you post an image on the forum it's downsized to a very small file. By just clicking on the image you easily switch to the file that was posted, usually an 800x600 or 1200x900 jpeg, depending on what the person chose to upload, link or put in their dpreview gallery. Seeing that file makes a big difference in appreciating all of the detail and resolution in a photo. Here's a recent article that briefly explains the features:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/01/04/dpr-new-image-viewing-options

I post links to my Smugmug gallery because it's easier to upload them once and then link them. The files I post on my gallery are limited to 1400 by 1050 for file/copyright protection. I've never created a gallery here on dpreview because I don't want my photos uploaded on too many websites. I still post a maximum file size of 800x600 here because for a long time that was the largest dpreview would display full screen and for security of my images, but this new feature makes it tempting to link slightly larger files so they can be viewed larger.

Are you folks using the new viewing features? What do you think of file sizes for posting here and in general?

-- hide signature --

Dave
No thought exists without an image. Socrates
http://whaleshark.smugmug.com

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow