Anyone use the Oly 50-200 f/2.8-3.5 on OM-D (or other m4/3)?

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Questions thread
Mister H
Regular MemberPosts: 207Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone use the Oly 50-200 f/2.8-3.5 on OM-D (or other m4/3)?
In reply to Gregm61, Jan 15, 2013

Gregm61 wrote:

Pretty darn bad. The worst performing AF of all the four-thirds lenses I owned. It's now gone. If you're going to get one, the micro motor in the original model should be better than the SWD model I had. The SWD motors do not play well with micro bodies. My 50-200 SWD was noisy, shakely, slow to AF and often not accurate. Dang good lens with ultrafast AF on all my Olympus DSLR bodies but a total headache on the micro bodies.

It will be an awesome lens for my use (wedding, portraits and birding)

Not the way it operates on these bodies.

Agreed. I have the non-SWD version, it's one of my favourite lenses on my E-3 but a massive disappointment on my E-M5. It was very slow and hesitant to focus and often mis-focussed. I took it for a wildlife walk in Florida not long after buying my E-M5 and only had a handful of OK shots of slow moving or stationary wading birds. After that I tried the m43 Olympus 75-300mm lens and was extremely impressed - massively easier to handle, fast & accurate focussing, and very sharp.

-- hide signature --

I'm getting there...

Mister H's gear list:Mister H's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow