Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrChristopher
Contributing MemberPosts: 996Gear list
Like?
x100 users running firmware 1.3, let's talk AF
Jan 15, 2013

I did my homework before buying my x100, meaning I have probably read 90% of the online reviews out there.  When I got my x100 I was expecting and geared up for a challenging time with AF and figured it would be a modest price to pay for the possible great images.  Well I'm running firmware 1.3 and quite frankly I don't see a laggy AF.

While the x100 is not as fast to focus as my Sony a57, I don't see any problems with my AF.  I point, I click halfway, the focus thingy turns green and I click the remainder of the way.  Maybe it's slow but I'm not savvy enough to see it.  Keep in mind I am not using it as a sports camera nor am I taking indoor action shots.  Perhaps if I were doing that I would see this dreaded AF issue I've read about, but I've taken a few hundred shots so far and not once did I feel like I was waiting on the AF to work for me.

What has your experience been and what version firmware are you using?

MrChristopher's gear list:MrChristopher's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow