Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marco Cinnirella
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,279Gear list
Like?
Re: Vision impairments
In reply to sea_dragon, Jan 15, 2013

sea_dragon wrote:

Dphotog wrote:

its funny cause no one will openly admit yet but Panasonic did change companies for the viewfinder so there are the GH3's out there with the new viewfinder that most have not gotten yet. *cough* CES

How was this confirmed? For what I've read, its just been speculation, like most of these kinds of rumors.

Even if they did switch suppliers, it doesn't necessarily mean a different or improved version of the EVF. It could just be a supplier change based on logistics or cost. I would imagine that Panasonic provides the specs and the suppliers just build to those specs.

I suppose we won't know for certain until it can be determined by comparisons if we see a major change in the EVF characteristics on newer cameras.

User Dphotog has not shown a willingness to expand on his claims or reveal his sources, which is fair enough I guess, but it does leave this in the realm of rumor/speculation. I am currently pressing Panasonic here in the UK but they are incredibly cagey about this and taking the official stance that there is nothing wrong with the GH3 EVF, no bad first batch, etc., etc.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony SLT-A57 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow