Simple question:

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,249Gear list
Like?
Re: Simple question:
In reply to gbainbridge, Jan 15, 2013

gbainbridge wrote:

To be honest, it's such a rhetorical question, that it's pretty meaningless.

You may as well ask, would I like the Foveon chip in my old Olympus OM2. The answer is yes I would, as it was such a superb camera that it outclassed the Nikons and Canons of its era.

But the fact is that it's not going to happen.

Foveon sensor in Canon, Nikon or Olympus might never happen. What could happen is a lot more capable Sigma DSLR body, technologically closer to prosumer top of the line cams.

Usually camera manufacturers listen to what consumers have to say and what they want. This drives performance and capabilities of camera bodies forward. Sigma appear to listen only to what they want to hear and they act accordingly. Knowing that group of hard core users will never see any fault or shortcomings and will not allow much of critical views expressed by others could be comforting but not the perfect recipe for rapid expansion of market share.

-- hide signature --

Thanks, Gary.

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow