Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
Re: Which CZ Lens for A99?
In reply to igalk474, Jan 15, 2013

igalk474 wrote:

hi i don't know which one to choose:

SAL2470Z , is good overall, less sharp then the others 2 lenses, but has AF-D

SAL85F14Z very sharp bright awesome quality, prime, but usually for portraits

SAL1635Z very sharp awesome quality, but usually for landscapes, awesome bokeh at 35mm

i shoot a lot pictures and videos of sport and gymnastics at slowmotion, shot lowlight at night, shot portraits, landscpaes, astro, indoor lowlight, outdoor with sun...

Hi.

Firstly you must self have a clear idea which type of photo you will do most. Secondly you must have an idea on which focal length you need, and secondly do you need such a large aperture, heavy lens that cost a lot?

I bought the 24-70 Zeiss for use as a allround lens for portraits to use with my a900 FF. After half approx. half a year I sold it because of the lousy sharpness outside the center from 50-70mm and that even at f/8-f/11. I know many will say the Zeiss is an amazing lens, the best out there also for landscape. But it's a fact it's not the best landscape lens.

I don't know about the 85 f/1,4 but it's a focallength with very limited use if you are a landscape, astro, indoor, and outdoor shoter. Its intended as a portrait lens.

The 16-35 are great if you go close in on subjects. If the landscapes you shot are views from a long distance it's to wide.

If you are gonna shot sport and gymnastics are there then a great distance to the subjects or a short distance. If there is a long distance you will need the 70-200 instead.

I guess you have some kind of lens right now. Why don't you make some statistics on which focal length you use most and then choose lens after that.

So basically you have to decide with your self what you need. Only you can tell!

P.S the Zeiss 24-70 I bought to take over from my Minolta 24-105 f/3,5-4,5 lend. But in the end the old Minolta was a better and cheaper lens for my needs (Landscape, f/8-f/13).

kind regards

David Cartagena

Cartagena Photo on Flickr

-- hide signature --

Echinacea purpurea

Cartagena Photo's gear list:Cartagena Photo's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 20mm F2.8 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Bridge CS6 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow