Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KimMorrison
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Tasmania with new OMD
Jan 15, 2013

First time posting although I have been long time reader of Olympus forum since I got my E510 a few years ago (long long before this I had a OM 10 and then an OM 2). Recently bought an OMD EM5 for portability and low light performance. I enjoy the E510 and have taken many great images (IMO) although mainly in good light, shooting in manual mode to get exposure right.

Have just retuned from family holiday in Tasmania and my wife and girls all enjoyed using the OMD. First impressions really nice to shoot with, love small size, iAuto setting works well in most cases, great indoor/low light performance (took some great photos at MONA Gallery), still trying to work out menus and using it in a way that approaches its capabilities  Very much the amateur and only have 14-42 kit lense which is OK  although from reading this forum I can see benefits of getting a prime lense.

An example of some photos, all JPG straight from camera one or two with minor cropping. One could not help but get some great photos with spectacular morning light on the Gordon River. In some shots I was not quite able to pick up definition and detail in shadowed forest areas while maintaining  the (true) intense colour of sky but overall very happy.

Gordon River

Gordon River - site of blockade in 1980's that stopped dam construction

Gordon River

i

Tamar Valley

Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow