Underwhelmed with the 60D - is it me, or did I get a dud?

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Schnapper
Contributing MemberPosts: 915
Like?
Re: UPDATE
In reply to lidobb, Jan 15, 2013

lidobb wrote:

Thank you to everyone who offered advice and suggestions for me. Some great guidance on the focusing method, and at least I know that the zoom lens creep is to be expected.

In terms of the slowness to write/read to the card, I've tried everything, including formatting the card in the camera and playing with all the settings as suggested. Performance is still the same. When I test fps (both in single and continuous) I get 5 frames in about 1.9 seconds. Not sure if that's normal or not.

Just not sure what to do. Considering returning this kit and trying the one with the 18-135 lens (with the expectation that I'd get better lenses, such as those suggested above, if I decide to keep it). The other option is trying a new D90 body or the D7000 as some have suggested and seeing if it's an improvement over my old one. At least that way I get to keep using my glass, which is the cheaper proposition.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much. I have gotten some really nice shots with this camera and I like the colors and sharpness of focus when I get the shot I'm trying to get. I just was expecting more.

Just checking... are you aware that there are 2 burst speeds for the camera?  3 fps and 5 fps.  You have selected "Hi" speed burst mode, right?

If yes, the other issue that might be slowing you down is noise reduction.  There's long exposure and high ISO noise reduction... have you selected them both to "off"?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow