Started Jan 15, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bazhogan
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Help! EM-5 EVF Eye Sensor problem
Jan 15, 2013

I am having trouble with the eye sensor in my EM5.

Using the normal switching back and forth between the EVF and the OLED screen by a quick press on the button at the side of the EVF is functioning perfectly.

However, when I make a long press on the EVF button to enable the eye sensor  and then confirm 'on' by pressing the 'OK' button the camera will only activate the EVF but will not automatically switch to the OLED when I take the camera down from my face. The only way I can get back to OLED view is to switch the eye sensor back to 'off'.

This problem has arisen before but the camera has righted itself after being turned on and off a few times. The eye sensor also originally functioned perfectly for the first few months of my owning the camera.

I can't work out whether this is occurring because of some subsequent choice I have made somewhere in the menu system or whether the camera may be faulty.  I have thought about doing a complete reset of the menu system and starting again but it took so long to get things set up how I want them that I hesitate to do a complete reset.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to fix this problem?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow