Sports camera advice? Skateboarding and MMA.

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Questions thread
garykohs
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,644Gear list
Like?
Re: Sports camera advice? Skateboarding and MMA.
In reply to gandulfc, Jan 15, 2013

gandulfc wrote:

I'm going to check out the D3 and the D700 too

The longer i'm thinking about it, the more important weatherproofing is too... is the 7d weatherproof like the pentax? I gotta be honest, I'm really biased because of the pentax waterproofing. Too bad I don't hear good things about their accurate focusing during burst rates, or I would cop one asap. Or is this just untruths spewed by haters?

thanks for all the info guys!

Weatherproof is too strong a word to apply to any of these DSLRs. They are water resistant because they have seals in the places where water would typically enter. Understand that the weakest point is the lens opening so the lens has to be sealed also in order to have much protection. Still seals are an important consideration if you might be shooting in rain or someplace where a spray of water is likely.

Yes, the Canon 7D is sealed.

The AF systems on the Pentax cameras are just not competitive with cameras like the 7D, A77 or the Nikons mentioned above.

garykohs's gear list:garykohs's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow