Merrill sensored cameras ARE 30MP luminance equivalents to 30MP cameras!

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,160Gear list
Like?
Merrill sensored cameras ARE 30MP luminance equivalents to 30MP cameras!
Jan 15, 2013

Here is the quote on the new Sigma DP3M special site:

This provides luminance resolution equivalent to that of a 30MP CFA sensor as measured on the standard B&W resolution chart used in conventional digital camera resolution testing.

Sigma has tested and other professional review sites have tested the DP2M and DP1M and have all said these cameras are providing absurdly high bayer sensor equivalent MP in resolution.

Can't decide whether to get the DP3M or the DP1M.  Maybe I'll just own them all. There is some real wisdom in purchasing a lens/sensor combination that has been engineered for a perfect marriage together.  What I wonder is---will the DP3M with the 50mm lens which gives a 75mm equivalent focal length in 35mm SLR--- How does its image quality stack up to the Sigma SD1M and the 70mm f2.8 macro.  This new camera is a very interesting development.  I also notice the face detection AF. Wonder if this feature can be added to the existing DP1M and DP2M lineup as a firmware update?

Eitheway--the new camera is very exciting and YES--it is a 30MP Luminance Resolution equivalent sensor. Why do people still argue that the DPxM series cameras and SD1M series camera aren't 30MP equivalent resolution?  Probably the same lot that watches Fox Liars  News too.  LOL

Gary Mercer

Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow