Buying a D600 tomorrow. Gulp.

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
technotic
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying a D600 tomorrow. Gulp.
In reply to Swiss L, Jan 15, 2013

Swiss L wrote:

You clearly have found a great price for your D600. I however lament the fact that with the disappearance of Jessops and Jacobs Camera shops in the UK there are so few place one can pick up and handle such expensive cameras, and talk to knowledgeable staff. Without this experience at GofW I would not have known that the D600 just doesn't feel right in my hands, and that the D800 has that handling edge with more accessible controls. I am also reluctant to spend such sums on the internet and would prefer to have a proper after sales service and grow a relationship with staff. Other than John Lewis we in the UK have no high street access to these great products.

Absolutely! The Jessops administrators must have been waiting for @theGentlemen to purchase the D600 and when they saw it was from HK they pulled the plug on Jessops. A question here is did @theGentlemen try said D600 in a camera shop in the UK prior to ordering from HK? Most people want to feel a camera in the hands before buying it. Personally I found the D600 a bit uncomfortable to hold when I've tried it (in Jessops may they RIP) but I suppose you get used to it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow