Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jordan Norris
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
X-E1: A month of fun.
Jan 15, 2013

Upon announcement and a quick read excitedly told my wife, "I think this might be the camera I've been waiting for."(to think if it hadn't been announced I may have had an EM5 in my bag right now). I cannot count how many hours I must of spent reading and researching, waiting and deciding... to finally come to a decision on leaving the DSLR world. I had wanted the X100 since its release but couldn't afford to loose changing lenses, and I couldn't finance keeping my DSLR setup and the X100. The X-Pro1 was just a little too big and a little to pricy. The X-E1 opened the door wide open for me to say good by to camera that stayed at home more often than not.

I should've/would've written a full article, because it's tough to sum up my thoughts in brief, but I fear I've missed my opportunity in sharing new, early, and exciting news on the X-E1. Instead I turn to my intension of sharing a brief few paragraphs with some photos to hopefully share more.

For me it's simple. I love the size and weight. I love that I still have at least and APS-C sensor, and that fuji did something brilliant with it. I love a bright and clear WYSIWY EVF and nailing focus with a tack sharp fast lens; even if it takes a little longer to lock on. I love turning off image review because I know that I've gotten the shot 99% of the time. And call me a hipster if you must but I even love what my camera looks like.

I wish we had double paned glass where I live.

Thanks for looking if you made it this far!

-- hide signature --

A decent camera that is with me always, is much better than precision tool that I leave at home.

Jordan Norris's gear list:Jordan Norris's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow