What's the go with all the D600's on fleabay?

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sutto
Regular MemberPosts: 337
Like?
What's the go with all the D600's on fleabay?
Jan 15, 2013

For a bloke struggling with making a decision to buy a D600 as a second body (to my D700), it does not bode well seeing all the used 600's on Fleabay.  Had a quick look last night on the Australian one (ebay.com.au) and was shocked at how many used 600's there were.

There were 5 of them and only 3 700's.   They all had some b/s about unwanted gift, but nobody has ever bought me a camera by surprise, especially one of that value.  Maybe they had experienced many problems with them and wanted to offload them.

To give it some context, the 700 has been around for ages and you think people would be trying to offload them in order to buy the new upgraded sensor. It was a real revelation to see so many units of such a new camera that has only been on the market for 5 minutes, when compared to the 700.  It should have been the other way around.

I think for now I may just get a used D3x or D3s as a second body.  Let all of this stuff sort itself out over the next year or two, and then see what the future brings.  Maybe Nikon will wake up to themselves and bring out the D700x by then.

Sutto

philipsuttonphotography.com

Nikon D3S Nikon D3X Nikon D600 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow