Trevor G: Now I understand...

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
timo
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,366
Like?
Re: The Real Reason Behind EXR - Highlight Recovery. RAW can do what the JPEG can't.
In reply to Trevor G, Jan 15, 2013

Trevor G wrote:

I use RAW all the time with my X10, and use Silkypix as well. There is absolutely no problem using RAW if you use Silkypix and shoot M size.

If you shoot L size then more work is involved getting sharpness right.

Trevor, this last statement is an example of the 'skirting around' I mentioned in an earlier post. No matter how much you fiddle around with the sharpness when converting an X10 raw file with a third-party converter, you will not extract the full measure of sharp detail, as compared with OOC jpegs. That is my only point. Do you disagree with it or not? I don't need to post examples when the DPReview resolution test makes the case so clearly.

I have no view one way or another on the positive comments you make on other aspects of Sikypix - I don't like using SP, but that's subjective. And I am conducting no vendetta against the X10 in general. In every other respect I like it.

-- hide signature --

tim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow