Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DWEverett
Contributing MemberPosts: 559Gear list
Like?
Need help with some white balance issues
Jan 15, 2013

My daughter was in a gymnastics meet this weekend at a gym that has lights that cycle through a few different colors.  I setup to take a series of shots to blend together to show a tumbling pass.   I can't get the white balance to be consistant between the frames which is making combining them much more difficult than it should be.  I knew that I was going to have the issue so shot RAW hoping that would help.  Thus far that hasn't turned out to the be the silver bullet.

I have LR and I can't seem to get the eye dropper to help me.  I'm sure there is a way to dial it in with the sliders but so far I'm not doing very well there either.  Hoping that someone has suggestions on what I could do differently.  Also, if manually moving the sliders is the way to do it is there a way to show side by side pictures so I can see how I'm doing?  I can see "before and after" on one picture in the develop module and side by side comparisons of two pictures in the library module but can't adjust anything from there.  It would be a lot easier if I could see things side by side while doing the adjustment.

And here are two frames that show the type of color difference I'm dealing with.

And here's what I'm trying to do with them.  Unfortunately, her back tumbling pass was the other direction (towards the camera) so I had to go with the front one which doesn't work as well.  I did take shots of some of the other girls , at least one of which should come out quite well.

DWEverett's gear list:DWEverett's gear list
Nikon D700 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow