A pair of stunned eagles

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
cpharm86
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Re: A pair of stunned eagles
In reply to jedinstvo, Jan 15, 2013

jedinstvo wrote:

On New Year's day my eye caught something off to the side of the road, right at the base of a high cliff. I pulled off the road to see what it was. A pair of eagles lay in the snow, conscious but immobile. I stayed in the vehicle to avoid spooking them and shot some pictures with my 5D and a 70-200 zoom. The female, on the left, was more alert. The male appeared to be really out of it, despite being still alive. I had no idea what had happened to them so the following day I went to the Alaska State Troopers office. The Troopers are responsible for eagles, which are seriously protected, as there is no federal wildlife agency in Dutch Harbor. The eagle man told me he'd looked at the birds and they probably crashed into the cliff in the midst of a ritual mating flight. The next day they were gone. There were neither human nor fox footprints in the snow so they must have recovered enough to fly away.

Great shot and timing. That is what photography is all about. I am equally impressed with you gender identification. I had no clue!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow