Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,338Gear list
Like?
A RAF file developed with RAW File Converter EX powered by SilkyPix
Jan 14, 2013

I downloaded the latest version of Capture One (Version 7) from their website this morning and spent some time playing with it. Frankly, I found it a bit overwhelming and a bit difficult to use.. but I will chalk that up to my total inexperience in using the program. I did not find it intuitive at all but will spend some more time with it.
When I came home I decided to also give the software that came with the X-Pro1 a shot, RAW File Converter EX powered by SilkyPix. While I prefer using Photoshop CS6 and ACR I did find that this program did a pretty good job.
Here is a shot I developed with it. My apologies for the Cat Shot... but I did like the play of afternoon light on his eyes. This was shot at f/2.8 using the 18-55mm at 1/125s. I would have preferred to use the 35mm but had to take the shot or the moment might have passed.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow