Anyone been to Cosa Rica?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
JiminDenver
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,163Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone been to Cosa Rica?
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Jan 14, 2013

So the resort changed our check in and out days with out a fee but to change the flights to come back 2 days later was a $300 fee. Oh well, what started out being a restful easy trip using miles and a time share swap has turned into a money pit. Those bugs better be worth it. lol

I'm still looking for a reasonable hotel near the airport in San Jose. We don't get in until 7:30 pm and leave a week later at 7:30 am so there wont be much time to see much.  Even a clean hostel like we did on the way down to Galapagos would do. What is it about these places that always take two days to get there?

Renting a car in San Jose is looking less and less appealing. I'd be the driver and it would be nice to have the freedom to stop on the way down now that we have most of the day, it's also a pretty stressful way to start a vacation. A flight is faster if not pricy, I'm just worried about luggage restrictions. So maybe arrange for transport to the lodge and rent a car once we are there.

Yeesh, at this rate I may even have it set up by the time we leave. lol

-- hide signature --

JimB
Bug Whisperer
Join us in The Weekly Close up every weekend

JiminDenver's gear list:JiminDenver's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow