Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scott Martinez Photography
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
4900 vs D3000 Mini Lab
Jan 14, 2013

I just received a mailer from Epson for the $20,000 D3000. Intrigued that I might be able to do my printing in-house in a cost effective manner, I wanted to see what others are doing. I have a 3880 right now do some of my printing in house. A lot of the time, I end up printing parts of big print orders from a shoot with a cheer squad or a dance school that the lab messed up. Sometimes the lab is a local photo house, sometimes Whitehouse and sometimes Costco. The only thing that gives me consistent results is my 3880. I have done full seasons of seniors with my old 3800, but hate not being able to use roll media and having to trim the different sizes.

Long story short is I think I want to do all of my printing in-house. I am not at a level where I think I'd be able to justify the D3000, but a 4900 seem's like a good solution cost-per-print and being able to trim prints to size.

Anybody have any thoughts? Has anybody ran the numbers?

Thanks for any info that might be helpful!

-Scott

Nikon D3000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow