Thinking to buy D600, but...

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Questions thread
David Garth
Regular MemberPosts: 314Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking to buy D600, but...
In reply to clarnibass, Jan 14, 2013

clarnibass wrote:

There is a difference between dust getting one way or another to the sensor to the camera "splashing" stuff on the sensor that doesn't clean with a blower etc. I expect the former with any camera. The D600 has a problem with the latter.

But what is the practical difference, if you have to clean the sensor with one situation or the other? And I haven't found it any more difficult to clean internally generated dust/oil than externally generated dust/moisture/ condensation.

I've had a Nikon D2x,  D70, D300 and D300. They all needed occasional sensor cleaning. My D600 seems to need it slightly more often, but I think that could be because I've been sensitized to the issue and find myself looking harder to see dust. But in any case, so far it's been completely a non-issue for me.

-- hide signature --

David Garth

David Garth's gear list:David Garth's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow