Dog Agility Competition Pics

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
luigibenet
Regular MemberPosts: 277Gear list
Like?
Re: Dog Agility Competition Pics
In reply to hindesite, Jan 14, 2013

hindesite wrote:

I'm not sure if this a m4/3 vs larger format thing, but to me, all the OM-D images are full of clutter and distractions, there is no separation of the subject from the background, no ability to get strong compositions or draw the eye to a focal point.

The shot that stands out is the the one taken with a larger format DSLR.

I'm not trying to be critical here - I take an awful lot of dog photos myself, so I know how hard it is and what to watch for - but the OM-D examples are really not good.

Does a DSLR make that much difference?

This was the first time I was shooting the dogs so I opted for the larger depth of field as I was not sure I could hit the focus point where I wanted it.

If I go back, now that I know what to expect, I am going try the 75mm and a circ Polarizer if it is a typical sunny AZ day and see if I can get the isolation.

It will still not equal a full frame DSLR......   Here are a couple with the 75mm on an OMD in low light shot wide open. You can see how much (or little) isolation you can get.....

luigibenet's gear list:luigibenet's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow