Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
assaft
Contributing MemberPosts: 896Gear list
Like?
Re: Refurbished FL50R or New FL600?
In reply to Chas2, Jan 14, 2013

Chas2 wrote:

assaft wrote:

There are some flashes that support Wireless TTL on a 4/3 gear but not on a M. 4/3. For example - Cactus AF50 (see compatibility list at the bottom).

If you want wireless TTL support on Oly or Panny FT or MFT, the Nissin Di466FT also works quite well. It synchronizes just fine with the timing on the Oly/Panny flash circuits for TTL. In fact, reading the manuals from the two, the Nissin operates far more easily than the Cactus. The cactus is more powerful and has swivel. Nissin is tilt only.

Thanks for the pointer. It looks nice and priced reasonably. I went through the manual, as far as I understand it doesn't support Olympus RC mode; it's an optical slave that reacts to the TTL's pre-flash and exposure flash(in Slave 1 mode) to add light when the camera meters and exposes. Am I correct?

assaft's gear list:assaft's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow