Dog Agility Competition Pics

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
luigibenet
Regular MemberPosts: 277Gear list
Like?
Re: Dog Agility Competition Pics
In reply to Isabel Cutler, Jan 14, 2013

Isabel Cutler wrote:

Excellent job! Capturing motion with micro 43 cameras is very difficult - at least with the E-PL1 and GH2 that I have.

I found when use burst mode it took a very, very long time for the GH2 to clear its buffer.

I have an indoor arena nearby which has agility matches several times a year, but the lighting is very poor. I'd never be able to shoot in it with the GH2. No lens I have is fast or long enough.

This past summer I attended Freedom Weekend Aloft in Simpsonville, SC, which features balloon launches if the weather cooperates and disc dog competitions.

This is the only image I was able to capture of a dog catching a disc. I was using the Panasonic 45-200 lens:

Isabel

-- hide signature --

I am not sure what the capabilities are of the GH2, but as an aside I recently picked up a Sandisk 45MB/s card as the price has come WAY down ($18 for 16GB)now that the 95MB/s cards are out, and it writes and clears the buffer about 50% faster......... (in a OMD)

luigibenet's gear list:luigibenet's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow