Dog Agility Competition Pics

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
luigibenet
Regular MemberPosts: 276Gear list
Like?
Re: What lens did you use for that shot on your OM-D? (nt)
In reply to Corkcampbell, Jan 14, 2013

Corkcampbell wrote:

no text

I used the 45mm for the ones I posted, but I started the day with the 12-50mm kit lens. The kit did well, but I did not get any good shots with it as I had not shot this kind of event before and did not know where to set up. I should have stuck with it as I really did not need the 45mm...

The biggest thing I think that helped was LOCKING the focus point Home.

It was a sunny day in Phoenix AZ, so I partially had to raise the f stop to 'slow' the shutter from 4000!! So most of the shots are at f 6.7 or 7.1   I could have added a circular polarizer if I wanted to use a lower f stop to control the depth of field.

I was too lazy to walk back to the car to get the 75mm, and it was informal enough that you could stand at the boundary to the arena area.  But this is my FAVORITE lens and I use it when ever it is not too long.

In Fact I was TOO Close to the action on this picture as the dog which I had just met an hour before this, decided to stop to look at me!!! LOL!!!

luigibenet's gear list:luigibenet's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow