Street, Documentary as well as maybe Stock Photography.

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Street, Documentary as well as maybe Stock Photography.
Jan 14, 2013

Sometimes a photo can be very simple. Rohn Engh of photosource international teaches about what makes a good stock photograph. I am not saying that this is a good stock photo but it does follow his instructions. First the background. Keep it simple. Have a person in the shot and have a symbol (in this case the headset ) and have the person involved with the symbol. This type of stock is used for photo illustration, not advertising. I once had a shot of Boots Randolph shot during a festival in Charlotte that was used by The Christian Science Monitor to illustrate something about a New Orleans festival. Boots was small in the shot, and what they wanted was a jazz group on a stage, and that shot fit their need.

I had this shot posted earlier but FAD said that they were to small and he couldn't see detail, so I deleted that gallery.  When I did, the photos that went with the posting went away, but the words stayed.

www.photosbypike.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow