Unified DPP DLO findings thread

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
AOKH
Senior MemberPosts: 2,567Gear list
Like?
Re: how to make DLO work with non supported lenses : the SOLUTION
In reply to billythek, Jan 14, 2013

billythek wrote:

I admit it could very well be a learning curve problem on my end, but I did think I set the shooting distance to the correct value. But if you saw a big improvement in the 70-200 f/4, maybe I'll try it again with the 70-200 f/2.8.

I was very disappointed in the highlight and shadow recovery in DPP, though, compared with LR4.3. So, a bit concerned about changing RAW conversion engines at this point. But that issue is separate from the sharpness improvement that is claimed possible with DLO. I will give it another try when I find the time.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

My experience thus far has been that on higher ISO images, too much sharpness is applied globally with the DLO (even with sharpness turned to zero in DPP), with ugly artifacts in OOF areas. I have gotten better results carefully applying sharpening selectively in Photoshop. I also don't see much improvement with low ISO images once I am done in CS5 (70-200 II, 24-70 II and 35L).

-- hide signature --

Regards. Anders

AOKH's gear list:AOKH's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow